Orthodontics for Kids
EARLY TREATMENT & PREVENTION
Braces for Kids in Sacramento, CA!
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends taking you child to see an orthodontist around age 7. However, if you missed that age window, the next best time for your child to see an orthodontist is now! There is no exact age for children to begin orthodontic treatment. If your child is between the ages of 10 and 15 it’s still early and a great time to begin orthodontic treatment. Check out our “invisible” or colored braces.
Photos Courtesy American Association of Orthodontists.
Early treatment allows Dr. Payne to:
- Guide jaw growth so permanent teeth come in straight
- Regulate the width of the upper and lower arches
- Create more space for crowded teeth
- Avoid permanent tooth extractions later in life
- Correct thumb-sucking and improve minor speech problems
How will you know if your child needs orthodontic care?
Here are a few things you should look for:
- Early/late loss of baby teeth
- Difficulty chewing or biting food
- Finger- or thumb-sucking
- Crowded, misplaced or blocked teeth or overbite
- Jaws that pop or make sounds when opening and closing
- Teeth that do not come together normally, or at all
- Jaws and teeth that are not proportionate to the face
- Crowded front teeth by age 7 or 8
Beautiful, straight teeth
Custom-made for you
All digital treatment plan
Shorter treatment times
Shorter treatment times
Fewer office visits
Your LightForce Expert
Michael H. Payne, DDS, MSD, is a board-certified orthodontist and member of the American Association of Orthodontists, American Dental Association, California Association of Orthodontists and California Dental Association. He has practiced orthodontics exclusively in Sacramento since 1998.
American River Orthodontics is committed to creating beautiful, confident smiles throughout Sacramento, California. A special orthodontic experience awaits you here at American River Orthodontics. Request an appointment to schedule your free consultation with our orthodontist, Dr. Michael H. Payne.
Sacramento, CA 95864
Call or text us today!
Make an Appointment
Request an Appointment
Call us at 916-486-4233 to schedule an appointment or fill out the form below and we will contact you during our office hours. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please notify us. We will be glad to reschedule your appointment to a more favorable time.