The mouth is a complex part of the body, but undoubtedly one of the most important. There are many kinds of misalignments or other problems that can occur in patients in Granite Bay, CA. Luckily, American River Orthodontics is here to help. Below is a list of just a few things to look out for and be sure to treat at our Granite Bay, CA office:
- Openbites, underbites, overbites and deep overbites – All four of these problems occur when the teeth or jaws are misaligned, causing them to inhibit proper chewing or other functions. Dr. Payne specializes in the correction of all four bites, and encourages that these problems are treated early on, because they can be corrected without surgery most of the time. The fix requires braces, special appliances and/or retainers, all of which are available orthodontic treatments in Granite Bay, CA.
- Too many teeth: hyperdontia – Having extra teeth is called hyperdontia. People who have hyperdontia usually also have another condition, such as a cleft palate or Gardner’s Syndrome (which forms tumors that aren’t cancer). Dr. Payne treats hyperdontia by removing all the extra teeth and correcting the bite with braces in Granite Bay, CA.
- Crooked teeth – Crooked teeth is extremely common among patients in Granite Bay. Dr. Payne uses braces, aligners, and retainers to straighten crooked teeth. The fix will improve your overall dental health, relieving symptoms like jaw pain.
- Gaps – You may not consider a gap between the front teeth a problem at all, but if you want to correct it, Dr. Payne will use braces in Granite Bay, CA to move teeth closer together and a special glued-in retainer helps to keep the spaces closed.
- Clenching or grinding your teeth – Grinding your teeth is called bruxism. Stress is one of the causes. Misaligned teeth or sleep issues can also be culprits among adults (among kids, causes can include allergies). Bruxism can give you headaches, a sore jaw and cracked or loose teeth. If you grind your teeth at night, American River Orthodontics can fit you with a mouthguard. If it’s a daytime problem, meditation, exercise or other ways to curb stress helps. Visit or call American River Orthodontics to discuss your treatment options for this problem.
If you have any of the above tooth problems, please contact our practice in Granite Bay, CA. The American River Orthodontics team wants to help you get a better smile! Schedule an appointment with Dr. Payne as soon as possible. Keep smiling!