Orthodontists do more than cosmetic work, they also improve the look and health of your smile by straightening your teeth and aligning your bite. Crooked or crowded teeth, overbites and underbites can lead to tooth decay, gum disease and even tooth loss. With these possibilities, it makes finding the perfect orthodontist near Citrus Heights, CA even more important. Orthodontists like the staff at American River Orthodontics are specialists in the field and perform more advanced orthodontic procedures that general dentists. Orthodontists complete four years of dental school then continue their education with two to three years of focused study.
At American River Orthodontics, we use a wide range of orthodontic treatments to help our patients get a beautiful, confident, and healthy smile. Braces, trays (also called aligners), retainers and headgear are all appliances that Dr. Michael Payne can use to help correct dental issues. A breakthrough in orthodonture is Invisalign, which are clear, removable braces or aligners that add a comfortable, more attractive option. American River Orthodontics has helped hundreds of patients near Citrus Heights, CA, improve their smiles with Invisalign. Also, children and teens aren’t the only ones who benefit from orthodonture. One in five orthodontic patients is an adult, typically ranging in age from 26 to 44, according to the American Association of Orthodontists. If you are looking for the best orthodontist near Citrus Heights, CA. ask around. Ask your dentist, physician or your child’s pediatrician for recommendations. Get referrals from your family, coworkers and friends. Inquire about their personal experiences. We have also come up with a few tips to make the process a little bit easier.
- Look for an orthodontist who have professional credentials, like the specialists at American River Orthodontics near Citrus Heights, CA. Orthodontists are certified by organizations, including the American Association of Orthodontists or the American Board of Orthodontics. Many orthodontists include professional affiliations on their logos, business cards or stationary. Feel free to ask the receptionist, office manager or doctor for verification.
- Narrow your search to three orthodontists and look online for more information about each of them. Do some general research to learn about orthodontics and common procedures, like the benefits of Invisalign and braces. Make a list of questions you have before you have an in-person consultation with an orthodontist. Bring the list with you to make sure you cover each topic.
- Ask about the technology in the office. Does the orthodontist use digital x-rays and paperless records? Does the doctor offer the latest innovations in the field, including Invisalign? Top orthodontists take the time and money to upgrade the practice to remain at the forefront of orthodontics.
- Orthodontics work is personal. Be comfortable with the orthodontist and the office staff. Orthodontic procedures take time. Active treatment could be 2 to 2 1/2 years. You could need up to 2 years of retention follow-up. You must trust your doctor and feel at ease in the office. Read some reviews about the orthodontists that you have found to see what other patients have said. American River Orthodontics offers friendly and caring service to every client near Citrus Heights, CA.
- Dr. Michael Payne and the team at American River Orthodontics can help you get the perfect smile at an affordable cost. Orthodontics work may be included in your dental insurance coverage. Talk with the orthodontist and your insurance provider to find out if braces, Invisalign or other procedures are part of your plan. Orthodontists often offer financing, and bank loans are another choice to help you achieve a beautiful and healthy smile.
Hopefully these tips bring you one step closer to finding the right orthodontist for you and your family. American River Orthodontics near Citrus Heights, CA is the best around, and if you’re ready to begin treatment or to learn more, call us at 916-786-2442.