What Foods Can I Eat With Invisalign or Braces?
Helping you feel confident while eating with braces or Invisalign is a top priority at American River Orthodontics. When you first get your braces or Invisalign put on, it may feel a little different. Braces or Invisalign are the next step to achieving your most beautiful smile, and we are here to help you discover the foods that you can eat with braces or Invisalign so that the journey to straight teeth is comfortable.
Dr. Michael H. Payne and the staff at American River Orthodontics in Sacramento and Roseville, CA have created a variety of foods that are safe to eat with braces or Invisalign, allowing you to feel confident throughout the straightening process. We want to make the transition as smooth as possible and make sure you feel confident during this time.
Best Foods to Eat with Braces or Invisalign
Throughout this process, we want you to keep in mind that you need to protect your braces or Invisalign when choosing which foods you will consume. Have no fear! We have cultivated a variety of healthy foods and treats that are safe to eat while undergoing braces or Invisalign.
- Soft: Enjoy foods that are soft like berries, bananas, yogurt, soup and ice cream.
- Tender: Meats are often consumed, are you a steak fan? Try and avoid tough meats like steak during this time, opt for other options like cold-cuts, tender turkey, pulled chicken, tuna fish, salmon and other seafoods.
- Variety: Variety is the spice of life! Try cooking vegetables with extra virgin olive oil and different spices. Or try a new cheese, you never know what you might fall in love with!
- Nourish: Nourish your body with foods that will complement your health goals rather than consuming ice cream and frozen yogurt at every meal. Health is your greatest wealth!
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a healthy and delicious breakfast or snack option and can easily be enjoyed with braces. We recommend trying Greek yogurt parfaits with quinoa or oatmeal as an alternative to granola in the beginning as your teeth are more sensitive. Try this blackberry cinnamon quinoa yogurt parfait as a healthy breakfast that is sure to satisfy.
- Smoothie: Smoothies are a healthy and nutritious option to enjoy with braces. There are a variety of smoothies for you to enjoy, we recommend adding in banana, nut butter, berries and almond milk for a healthy protein-packed smoothie that will optimize your nutrition in-take.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is another great breakfast idea to enjoy with braces. Try out these delicious blueberry banana overnight oats that are convenient enjoy before school or work.
- Eggs: Enjoy eggs your way! Eggs are a delicious and healthy option to enjoy at breakfast with family and friends.
- Soup: Soup is a nutritious option to enjoy with braces. There are a variety of soups available to cook on your own, purchase at the grocery store or enjoy at a restaurant.
- Salad: Salads are always a delicious and healthy meal to enjoy at lunchtime. Sometimes, salad can be difficult to consume with braces. We recommend enjoy salads that are spiralized or created with a peeler. Check out this Ten Minute Veggie Ribbon Salad.
- Quinoa: Quinoa-based salads are also a delicious and healthy option to enjoy with braces. This warm quinoa and goat cheese salad will leave your tastebuds jumping for joy!
- Salmon: Salmon is a delicious fish that is soft in texture and easy to create or find at most restaurants. This maple thyme roasted salmon with peach quinoa salad is delicious and east to eat.
- Tacos: Tacos are also a delicious option to enjoy so have no fear about missing on Taco Tuesday with family or friends. We recommend choosing soft tortilla shells and soft meats like fish, shrimp, ground chicken, vegetables or ground beef. Enjoy with fresh guacamole.
- Pasta: If you love Italian-style food, pasta is a great option. We recommend enjoying smaller-shaped past like, rigatoni or penne as it will be easier to eat. Add in your favorite sauce, cheese and fresh vegetables.
- Ice Cream: Life is all about balance, so do not forget to treat yourself! Ice cream is a delicious option food to eat with braces or Invisalign.
- Cupcake: Cupcakes are soft, fluffy and topped with creamy frosting. These are a delicious dessert to enjoy, if it’s your birthday don’t forget to enjoy your favorite cake!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie: Soft, warm and delicious cookies oozing with melted chocolate are definitely an option. Just make sure there are no nuts.
Embrace the journey to straight teeth and remember it’s important to enjoy the process and stay present.
Are YOU ready to begin the journey to a beautiful, healthy smile with Invisalign or Braces? Request a FREE consultation with Dr. Payne. Call 916-486-4233 Today