When should I visit an orthodontist?
Dr. Payne recommends that your child should visit an orthodontist by the age of 7 years old. This will help identify problems that may occur in the future based on how their grown-up teeth are growing in. There are plenty of orthodontic treatments that are offered to children that are painless and easy to manage.
Adults should also visit an orthodontist to check if their teeth are grown in the right position. If you’ve had braces as a child it's still possible for your teeth to shift back into its original place as you get older. In this case there are orthodontic treatment options for adults that can fit into their lifestyle more discreetly and comfortably without drawing attention to their teeth in a professional setting and that are easy to manage with your busy work schedule. About one in five patients who visit the orthodontist are over the age of 21 years old, so it's common for adults to make a visit to the orthodontist.
Some orthodontic treatment options that the orthodontist in Rancho Cordova, CA offers include:
- Traditional metal braces made from a high-grade stainless steel, arch-wires and rubber-bands that hold your smile into place. This is the most common form of treatment with patients.
- Invisalign® are clear plastic aligners that are meant to be invisible and comfortable to wear. They are also removable when you have to eat, brush or floss your teeth.
- Clear/ ceramic braces that are made from a ceramic material to make the color of your teeth. This is for patients with a cosmetic concern for braces. Since the pieces are larger and more brittle it does require more attention to oral hygiene.
- Self-Ligating braces are made from the same material as the traditional metal, but instead of using arch-wires and rubber-bands to hold your teeth and brackets into place they use a specialized clip. This leads to less visits to the orthodontist.
- Lingual braces are hidden behind your teeth. They are custom-made to match the shape of your teeth exactly and since they are placed behind the teeth they are hard to notice from a casual observer.
Many orthodontist provide these orthodontic treatments to their patients in Rancho Cordova, CA based on what you’re trying to correct with your teeth and how severe the problem is. Invisalign Teen® is also an option for teenagers looking to align their smile without having to wear flashy metal braces. Orthodontist go through special training to treat their patients, so they know what would work best for you.
The team at American River Orthodontics wants you to have a comfortable orthodontic treatment leaving their patients with a smile they are confident in. Treating patients of all ages Dr. Payne and his team pride themselves in what they can provide to individuals looking to correct their smile.
Dr. Michael H. Payne and the team at American River Orthodontics are experts in orthodontic care. If you have any questions pertaining to braces, clear braces, Invisalign® or Invisalign Teen® in Sacramento, CA, Arden-Arcade, CA, Rancho Cordova, CA, or the 95661 zip code area, or, would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Michael H. Payne contact American River Orthodontics at: (916) 486 - 4233