Dr. Payne, the orthodontist at American River Orthodontics has been running a “patient-centered” practice in the Rancho Cordova, CA area for years. He worked for eight years as a general dentist before specializing as an orthodontist and has been running a successful practice ever since. Dr. Payne’s background and experience make him the perfect choice for your orthodontic treatment and to handle any questions or concerns you have about your braces during your consultation. What questions should you ask to get the most out of your appointment?
Your orthodontist wants you to feel prepared and in charge of your orthodontic treatment decisions, so keep these questions in mind as you drive through Rancho Cordova on your way to the American River Orthodontics office.
- If my goal is to _____, what kinds of options do I have? Could alternatives to traditional metal braces be right for me? – Asking this is important because it helps Dr. Payne get an idea of your goals, and helps you discern which treatment options will work to help you accomplish your goals.
- What kind of preparation is needed to get braces? How many visits will it take? – It is always a good idea to ask a question like this so that you can guarantee that your orthodontic treatment will fit comfortably and conveniently into your schedule.
- Can I expect any pain when getting braces? – This is a common concern, and one that you should bring up if it is worrying you. American River Orthodontics will explain exactly what to expect, and can reassure you that any pain will be short and minimal.
- What determines how long I have to wear braces? – This is another very common concern, especially for adults in Rancho Cordova. The length of treatment will vary from patient to patient. During your consultation we can evaluate your teeth and jaw alignment to determine the correct course and length of treatment.
- How will braces affect my lifestyle? Foods I can eat? Activities I can do? – Unfortunately, it is inevitable