Here at American River Orthodontics, our goal is to provide our patients with the highest quality of orthodontic care and customer service using the latest state-of-the-art technology. We are here to serve you.
Michael H. Payne, DDS, MSD
“When I was in college, I spent a great deal of time evaluating different careers from engineering to computer science. I returned to the original suggestion of medicine and concluded that dentistry would be the best fit for my interests and abilities. I have always enjoyed mechanics and helping people. I spent eight years as a general dentist on active duty in the United States Air Force attaining the rank of Major. During those eight years, I had the opportunity to practice within all the specialties and selected my favorite, orthodontics. This provides the most challenge and favorable interaction with patients.
“I enjoy the diagnostic process and combining this with specific treatment plans for each patient. I have a long and positive interaction with each patient, one on one. I am a teacher in that I always explain what we are doing and show patients how they are progressing. We have a patient-centered practice. I see every patient and give each my undivided attention and focus.”
- Board-Certified: American Board of Orthodontics
- Angle Society of Orthodontists: An exclusive international organization and study club with members across the globe. Founded in 1930, it has become the premier study club for orthodontic education, research and information.
- Master of Science in Dentistry: Orthodontics, University of the Pacific, San Francisco, CA
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery (High Honors): University of the Pacific School of Dentistry, San Francisco, CA
- Residency: General Practice, United States Air Force, Davis-Monthan AFB, Tucson, AZ
- Fellow: Academy of General Dentistry
- Member: American Association of Orthodontists, Academy of General Dentistry, American Dental Association, Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists, California Association of Orthodontists, California Dental Association, Sacramento District Dental Society, Northern California
During his leisure time, Dr. Payne enjoys skiing, biking, running, rowing, hiking, woodworking and spending time with his Super-Wife, Jessi and his daughter Libby.
We thank you for visiting the website of American River Orthodontics, an orthodontic care provider committed to creating beautiful, confident smiles throughout the Sacramento and Roseville, California areas. A special orthodontic experience awaits you here at American River Orthodontics. Fill out our online Request an Appointment form to schedule your free consultation with our orthodontist, Dr. Michael H. Payne, or give us a call at the location that is most convenient to you:
Sacramento office (916) 486-4233